Windfall Harvest Festival 2017 - "Celebrating Diversity: Food, Land and People"
feature performers, speakers and interactive displays that complement and amplify past festival's programming, while creating excitement for Ontario's 150th anniversary. These enhancements include:
• Celebration of Local Food Movement, featuring local food producers, food demonstrations, and celebrity food talent.
• New Outdoor Learning Experiences, like Intro to Rock Climbing, Nature Play Pop Up and Learn to Camp, that encourage people to try new outdoor activities, get outdoors and active, and explore Ontario’s parks and green spaces.
• Historical Pioneer Re-enactment, an interactive and interpretive display that provides a look into the daily life of pioneers, including period clothing, antique and replica items, tools and cooking demonstrations.
• Celebration of Ontario’s Indigenous Communities, through a variety of First Nations storytelling, singing and drumming performances, traditional First Nations dances, and Aboriginal cooking demonstrations.
• Promotion of Ontario's 150 Anniversary, through new advertisements, promotional materials, and online and social media content.
At Windfall Ecology Centre, Sheppard's Bush Conservation Area, Aurora
11am to 5pm
905.727.0491 ext. 111; windfallfestival.ca