GO has announced changes to Barrie and Stouffville line GO Train schedules.
Here are the announcements:
Starting June 29, we’re extending four weekend train trips to Allandale Waterfront GO. There will be changes to some weekend train and bus trips to fit the extended train trips into the schedules.
- If you’re going to Barrie, trains at 11:40 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. will take you from Union Station to Allandale Waterfront GO, making all stops.
- If you’re coming from Barrie, trains at 4:20 p.m. and 8:40 p.m. will take you from Allandale Waterfront GO to Union Station, making all stops.
- We’ve also scheduled a number of trips to depart 10 to 30 minutes later to fit the extended trips into the weekend schedules.
Some weekend trains will go from 12 to 6 coaches to be more in line with ridership. There will still be ample room for customers:
- The 2:01 p.m., 6:21 p.m. (changed from 6:11 p.m.) and 10:41 p.m. (changed from 10:11 p.m.) southbound trains from Aurora, and the 1p.m., 4 p.m. and 8:20 p.m. (changed from 8:10 p.m.) northbound trains from Union Station will be six coaches long instead of 12.
We’ve partnered with Ontario Northland to make it easy to get to cottage country this summer. On Fridays from June 28 to August 30, an Ontario Northland bus will connect at Allandale Waterfront GO with the 4:10 p.m. Barrie line GO train from Union Station to take you to the Muskoka region. Return trips on Sundays from June 30 to September 1 connect to the 4:20 p.m. train from Allandale Waterfront GO making all stops to Toronto. Find out more here.
Starting June 29, the 8 p.m. Stouffville line train will be extended to serve Centennial GO at 8:45 p.m., Markham GO at 8:50 p.m. and Mount Joy GO at 8:54 p.m. While this trip replaces the 8:42 p.m. and 8:47 p.m. weekday northbound bus trips from Unionville GO, a bus from Mount Joy GO at 9:02 p.m. will connect customers to Stouffville GO and Lincolnville GO stations.
The 7:18 p.m. weekday northbound trip from Union Station will now depart at 7:10 p.m. and times will be eight minutes earlier at all stops with arrival at Lincolnville GO at 8:23 p.m. Times on connecting buses will also be earlier.
The 9:17 a.m. weekday southbound trip from Lincolnville GO will now depart at 9:14 a.m. and times will be three minutes earlier at all stops, with arrival at Union Station at 10:32 a.m. Times on connecting buses will also be earlier.
Some evening Stouffville trains served by buses during infrastructure upgrades
To support ongoing infrastructure upgrades on the Stouffville rail line, some evening train trips are being replaced by buses.
The last northbound train from Union Station departs at 8 p.m. The last southbound train from Unionville departs at 3:46 p.m.
- See Schedules or use our Trip Planner for easier travel.
- Replacement buses will board at Platform 46 or 47 at the Union Station Bus Terminal and PRESTO users can tap on at the bus fo their trip.
- Passengers needing to access Kennedy, Agincourt or Milliken can use their GO fare on the TTC.
We know that service adjustments can be inconvenient. We appreciate your patience while we work to bring you faster and more frequent train service, and will always aim to give you timely updates on any changes to your schedule.