The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is opening our doors on Monday, Feb. 16 for Family Day from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. This FREE community open house features various programs and activities for the whole family, including open gym and swim times.
Some of the program highlights for each location are:
• The Barrie YMCA will feature family boot camp, family yoga and a Barrie Royals free-throw event happening all day in the gymnasium!
• The Innisfil YMCA invites you try the new GROUP POWER adult fitness class, while your children can participate in “Y Kids” programming and CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) games. Stay after for a family yoga session, or some free time in the gym or pool.
• At the Orillia YMCA, try family Zumba, drums alive or arts & crafts, and enjoy goodies from our Youth Leaders’ bake sale. Additional events will include face painting, an Interactive Ice Safety & Cold Water Awareness session, as well as the opportunity to meet, greet and PLAY with the Orillia Terriers!
• The Collingwood YMCA is running exciting programs throughout the day including adventure fitness, soccer and basketball skills & drills, and family CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) games.
• At the Gravenhurst YMCA, you are invited for a free pancake breakfast, and then spend the day enjoying activities such as family arts & crafts, family hip hop, family yoga, and much more!
• The Midland YMCA’s schedule is packed with awesome family programs like clue hunt, drums alive, playhouse, outdoor fun, an obstacle course and a ‘family challenges’ session.• The Wasaga Beach YMCA is happy to participate once again in Snowman Mania! We are offering FREE entry on family day, where you can enjoy open access to the pool, gymnasium and fitness floor.
Note - The Parry Sound location will be closed on Feb. 16.
For complete schedules of what’s happening in each community, visit ymcaofsimcoemuskoka.ca/family-day.
Article and photo courtesy of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka