Best wishes from Lake Simcoe Living for a happy, healthy and joyous New Year!
For a little fun, challenge your friends and family — or just yourself — to a quick quiz about some of the top events in 2013.
The answers are below.
Angela and Christopher Lachowski’s Annual Year in Review Quiz! 2013 Edition
1. What did Science Magazine name as the scientific breakthrough of the year?
2. What was the name of the Quebec town that suffered a major rail accident?
3. What was the polarizing issue debated in the George Zimmerman trial?
4. What is the Royal Baby’s name? (1 point for each, max. 3)
5. On what day was the baby born?
6. What was the name of the man indicted in the Boston Marathon Bombing?
7. What famous celebrity chef was sued for racial discrimination?
8. What is the name of the American computer specialist who leaked thousands of declassified National Security Agency documents to the press?
9. Pope Francis chose his name to honour St. Francis of Assisi, who is known for what?
10. At what major sporting event was there an unexpected power outage, and in what city was this event held?
11. What American state was hit by a terrible tornado?
12. Name the four senators involved in the major expense scandal?
13. What was the name of the PM’s chief of staff who resigned as a result of repayments of the senators' expenses?
14. What proposition was eradicated in the U.S. Supreme Court, and what does it mean for human rights?
15. What Egyptian President was ousted by the military in 2013?
16. What is the name given to Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s first child?
17. What cast member of the show Glee died of drug overdose?
18. What was the big weather event that hit southern Ontario in December? (The photo is a clue!)