Last Updated: Jan. 1, 2010
Please read this policy and if you have any questions contact us.
By using lakesimcoeliving.com (the Site), you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
This Site is operated by CATSPAW MEDIA INC. and may be accessed in Canada and abroad. For personal information protection purposes, CATSPAW MEDIA INC. are the controllers and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of the personal information. Information collected may be retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected.
Consent to Collection of Your Personal Information
When you visit this Site, certain kinds of non-personal information, such as the website that referred you to us, your IP address, browser type and language, and access times, may be collected automatically as part of the Site's operation. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the Site. Demographic information (e.g., your occupation, hobbies, gender, or interests) may also be collected and may be linked to your personal information.
Personal information includes:
- information collected when you register including your Membership or Partner name and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, and phone number.
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain privileges may not be available to you.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Site, namely CATSPAW MEDIA INC. collects and uses your personal information to:
- create and manage your Membership account;
- provide customer service;
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- to run contests, select entrants, and choose prize winners;
- to run Interactive Areas;
- to communicate with you about new products and services. We may send transaction-related communications such as welcome letters and purchase confirmations. We may also send you surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest. These surveys or marketing communications may come from CATSPAW MEDIA INC., Lakesimcoeliving.com or Lake Simcoe Living magazine.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
Accessing Your Personal Information
CATSPAW MEDIA INC. and Lakesimcoeliving.com may use "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive. Cookies contain information, including personal information, that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.
Cookies offer many conveniences. They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the Site so that they can retrieve previous search results. Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies, but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the Site.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
- limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees and commission sales persons who require it to provide services to you;
- encrypting credit card information on our order forms using secure socket layer (SSL) technology; and as ruled by PayPal and all credit card usage.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
Our Site may include Interactive Areas or services
If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public. Any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. We are not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.